Why Choose Us
A Law Firm and A Sweepstakes Administrator?
Reasons to Choose the Advertising, Marketing & Promotions Group at Olshan
If you are considering an online sweepstakes, social media promotion, or contest you may be wondering whether to use a promotion administrator, a law firm, or both. The answer will depend on the services you need and your current in-house resources.
- Are you a marketing department with the tools and staff necessary to implement a sweepstakes or promotional campaign?
Then Olshan is an excellent choice as a partner. We can help ensure your sweepstakes or promotional campaign is in compliance with all relevant laws so you can confidently make your vision a reality.
- Are you a company setting up a website to run a new sweepstakes or promotional campaign?
Many companies can build a Web site, but few people understand the numerous state-by-state details of sweepstakes law. We focus exclusively on advertising, contests, promotions, and sweepstakes law. We can quickly and efficiently bring your team up to speed on regulations and legal requirements for state, national and international promotions, including the legal challenges of the newest promotion platforms - Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media sites featuring user-generated content.
- Are you an agency representing a marketer through a new sweepstakes offering or promotional campaign?
Our law firm can be an invaluable partner to you, ensuring your client gets sound legal advice.
- Are you a law firm representing a client that is looking to conduct a sweepstakes or promotion?
We realize this area of law is state specific and complex. When you retain an attorney from the Advertising, Marketing & Promotions group, we can partner with you to help you service your clients with the most up-to-date legal information available.
Promotion administrators can conduct a sweepstakes or a contest. If you do not have those capabilities in-house, a promotion administrator may be a valuable member of your promotions team. But it takes a sweepstakes lawyer to ensure that your promotion does not run afoul of state laws and federal advertising regulations, as well as the requirements of the medium you have chosen. The social media rules and guidelines are always changing, and we understand how to make sure your promotion is properly structured.
Our Promotions and Sweepstakes Attorneys
At Olshan, our Advertising, Marketing & Promotions attorneys' core practice involves sweepstakes and promotions, advertising and marketing law. Indeed, our members are nationally known for their work in this field and are often consulted by attorneys and marketers alike on difficult aspects of promotions and cases. For example:
- For over 20 years, Andrew B. Lustigman has been advising clients in all marketing endeavors, including sweepstakes, games of skill, and other contests, intellectual property issues, and privacy issues. He has been featured in publications such as the National Law Journal, Law360, Entrepreneur, Mobile Marketer and other as an authority on issues relating to advertising and marketing law. Andrew is the former Chair of the ABA Committee on Promotion and Marketing Law and serves on the law committee for the Brand Activation Association/Promotion Marketing Association as well as the City Bar of New York Consumer Protection Committee. He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been selected as a Notable Practitioner by Chambers USA for six consecutive years. In 2010, Chambers USA stated, "Andrew Lustigman ... is considered a premier choice for sweepstakes and contests work. Clients are profuse in their praise of him, asserting: "He's terrific: very creative and an excellent writer. He has been integral to our success."
The Advertising, Marketing & Promotions Group at Olshan --
We Say "Yes!" To Bright Ideas in Promotions, Marketing and Advertising
We look forward to helping you.
Contact our New York law office at (212) 451-2258.
"[Andy] has incredible attention to detail and thoroughness, and is a very meticulous lawyer"
Chambers USA, Notable Practitioners
"...advises across the whole spectrum of contentious, regulatory and transactional matters, with a specific focus on some of the more niche areas of advertising and marketing law, including direct marketing, sweepstakes and contest law, and false advertising litigation.”
Legal 500 USA
A legal practice focused on finding creative legal solutions to advertising challenges and compliance matters. The practice is geared to servicing the needs of the advertising, promotional marketing, and direct marketing industries with a commitment to provide personal, efficient and effective legal service.